Friday 15 August 2014

Read-A-Thon: BoutOfBooks 11

BOOK CAPTION
Yesterday I found out about the BoutOfBooks Read-A-Thon and I thought why the hell not? This will be my very first Read-A-Thon ever and I am really excited to see how it'll go. The Read-A-Thon runs from August 18th to August 24th and I will be updating on my progress on Twitter and Goodreads.

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


Reading goals.
  • I will try to... Read for 5 hours every day or read at least 150 pages.
  • I will try to... Finish the TBR list posted below.
  • I will try to... Read at least 1 classic book.
  • I will try to... Enjoy my very first Read-A-Thon and have lots of fun reading!

Read-A-Thon TBR.
First of I want to read the last two YA books on my August TBR that I haven't started yet:

One of my goals is to finish 1 classic, so I chose to read:
And to make it all a bit more diverse I will also read a collection of poetry:

I have truly never read 4 books in 1 week, so this is a big challenge! I hope I'll make it. If you'd like to follow my progress during the week, you can read my updates on my Twitter page and of course on Goodreads. 


8 comments :

  1. Great goals! Good luck, all your books seem great!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Will you be participating as well? :)

      Delete
  2. Good luck with all your goals and most importantly, have fun! :) My first read-a-thon was a blast and it's still a special memory. I hope you'll have a great time and make lots of friends!

    I have a copy of Between Shades of Grey - I've had it for quite a long time, actually - so I'm looking forward to hearing what you think. It sounds like an emotional but beautiful story.

    Here's what I'll be reading next week
    Vicky

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, dear! I do think I'll have lots of fun and even if I don't reach all of my goals, that okay, I can try again next time. (Nice, I'm trying to type this but my cat feels like running across my keyboard!)

      Anyway, yes I'm very excited to read that one, especially since I've always had a thing for war stories. I'll let you know what I thougt about it, but you should read it anyway! ;)

      I'll go have a look at your goals now and give you some encouragement as well. :)

      Delete
  3. It looks like you have some good reading ahead of you. Enjoy :) And good luck with your very first read-a-thon!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! I hope you enjoy yourself as well :)

      Delete
  4. This is my second bout of books! I'm so excited!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Me too! I hope you'll have fun and will be able to reach your goals :)

      Delete

Copyright © 2014 whatkimreads

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi