Sunday 31 August 2014

Closing August


I can't believe August is over already! My first month of blogging has flown by. August was also my last whole month of summer break. I'm starting school again in two weeks, so I probably won't be able to read as many books as I have this month. And how many is that, you may ask? ELEVEN! I read eleven books in one month! I've honestly never read this much, so this is a great start to my life as a reader and also to my bookblog. I'm very happy about all the books I read this month. So let's officially close August.

The books I've read.

The Unbecoming of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - ♥♥♥♥
The Evolution of Mara Dyer by Michelle Hodkin - ♥♥♥♥
The Handmaid's Tale by Margaret Atwood - ♥♥♥♥♥
Wonder by R.J. Palacio - ♥♥♥♥♥
Between Shades of Gray by Ruta Sepetys - ♥♥♥♥
Me and Earl and the Dying Girl by Jesse Andrews - ♥♥♥♥
Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino - ♥♥
A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness - ♥♥♥♥♥
The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness - ♥♥♥♥
Sold by Patricia McCormick - ♥♥♥
More Than This by Patrick Ness - ♥♥♥♥♥

Yes, yes, I admit it: I have a very serious case of Patrick Ness fever. HE'S JUST SO GOOD! 

I will be reviewing most of these books in September, so keep an eye out for that!

Personal updates.
  • This month I had my first student job, which means that I have worked for the very first time in my life! It wasn't pleasant, though. Hopefully I'll have more luck next summer.
  • I enrolled in my new school to become a teacher in English and Dutch (my mother tongue). I'm very exciting about this new adventure in my life. 
  • In August my family welcomed to new (tiny) family members. They're two little brothers and they (don't quite) listen to the names Charlie and Chippie. We rescued these two from the local animal shelter and they are SO FLUFFY!

That was it for August! Tell me about your month.

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 whatkimreads

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi