Monday 25 August 2014

BoutOfBooks 11 Wrap Up

BOOK CAPTION
The past week I participated in a read-a-thon for the very first time. I had a lot of time to read at the beginning of the week, but then the last three days were a lot more busy, so I read less. Last week I also posted my goals for BoutOfBooks. Updates were posted on my Twitter and Goodreads of course. Let's see how I did!

The Bout of Books read-a-thon is organized by Amanda @ On a Book Bender and Kelly @ Reading the Paranormal. It is a week long read-a-thon that begins 12:01am Monday, August 18th and runs through Sunday, August 24th in whatever time zone you are in. Bout of Books is low-pressure, and the only reading competition is between you and your usual number of books read in a week. There are challenges, giveaways, and a grand prize, but all of these are completely optional. For all Bout of Books 11 information and updates, be sure to visit the Bout of Books blog. - From the Bout of Books team


Did I reach my goals?
  • I ended up not really liking my 5 hour-goal, so I decided to keep to the goal to read at least 150 pages a day. Monday: 373. Tuesday: 263. Wednesday: 269. Thursday: 268. Friday: / Saturday: / Sunday: 177. Which bring me to a total of 1350 pages! Wow! So actually I did still read an average of 189 pages a day... So this goal is in the pocket!
  • I didn't finish the TBR list I created for the read-a-thon because I wasn't in the mood for Ariel by Sylvia Plath, so I started The Knife of Never Letting Go by Patrick Ness instead. And let's not forget that I also read A Monster Calls by Patrick Ness, which wasn't on the list, so I still read 4 books in total + almost finished a fifth! Let's just consider this goal reached, okay?
  • I did read at least one classic, because I finished Invisible Cities by Italo Calvino. It was an ok read, but I didn't fully understand it and I have no idea how to review a book like this, so I have decided not to review it on this blog. 
  • And lastly of course, I had lots of fun reading! I had no idea I was able to finish an entire book in one day. Does that sound silly? Probably! But I only really got into reading during the last two years, during which I was studying at university, so I never had the time to read an entire book in a single day. (Also note that I was reading more heavy stuff back then, and I just can't read those at the same speed as young adult books.) I loved this week and I think I did really well for my first read-a-thon and I'll definitely by participating in more of these in the future.
A visual of the books I read this week.

Have you participated in BoutOfBooks? Tell me about your week!

No comments :

Post a Comment

Copyright © 2014 whatkimreads

Distributed By Blogger Templates | Designed By Darmowe dodatki na blogi